Here you'll find a selection of my greatest movement moments! These examples of my work indicate some of my past experiences, extensive knowledge of working within the movement/theatre sector and adaptability of working within a variety of professional contexts.
- Movement direction for POP MUSIC written by Anna Jordan and directed by James Grieve and produced by Paines Plough for Latitude Festival, Birmingham Rep and Autumn tour 2018
- Co-direction and choreography for Jericho's Rose for Althea Theatre, coming to The Hope Theatre in Highbury in October 2018
- Movement direction for The Court Must Have a Queen at Hampton Court Palace, written by Ade Solanke and directed by Sam Curtis Lindsay
- R&D movement direction with Ben Norris and Kirsty Housley for The Distance at the Bush Theatre June 2018
- Working with Clean Break as choreographer for a performance at Birbeck University for an Abolitionists event
- Working with Clean Break as movement co-ordinator for Artichokes PROCESSIONS march project June 2018
- Choreographing The Clash Rugby opening drummers for Progress London for the Bristol/Bath Rugby match at Twickenham Stadium, Apr 2018
- Taking Trolleys to D-Caf Festival in Cairo and Alexandria, Egypt March 2018 as Assistant Choreographer
- Movement directing for These Bridges by Phoebe Eclair-Powell for White City Youth Theatre for the NT Connections Festival 2018
- Co-Choreographer for The Little Match Girl and Other Happier Tales at Bristol Old Vic, Nationwide Tour and Shakespeare's Globe return, Dir. Emma Rice, Nov 17- April 18
- Lead Artist for East London Dance and Leytonstone School project of Bugsy Malone, Sept-Dec 17
- Movement Director for The Dark Room production at Theatre 503, Dir. Audrey Sheffield, Sept-Dec 17
- Lead Artist for contact contemporary movement workshops at The Mono Box, May/Oct 17
- Choreographer for Force, a duet as presented by C-12 Dance Theatre for the outdoor touring project, Secret Encounters, Apr/May 17
- Choreographer for R&D Project, Don't Blame Me, Concept by Akiya Henry and Directed by with Miranda Cromwell, Jan 17
- Associate Choreographer for The Little Match Girl and Other Happier Tales at The Shakespeares Globe, Dir. Emma Rice, Oct 16- Jan 17
- Choreography for ProjectLab at The Old Market in Brighton, working with The Light Surgeons, The Workersand Dave Meckin for a Virtual Reality R&D Project, 2016
- Choreographing music video, The Collision, for artist Sample Answer, 2016
- Movement Direction for Tiata Fahodzi's 'i know all the secrets in my world' which went on to complete a UK wide tour in 2016, Dir. Natalie Ibu
- Choreography for a new commissioned work, Sacrifice, for C-12 Dance Theatre, for Wilderness Festival 2016, AND taking it back to the festival in 2017
- Consecutively receiving National Lottery Grant Arts Funding award for creative projects: The Van Man, 2012, Shhh!, 2013, Market Stall, 2014, Sherlock R&D 2015 and Shhh! Tour 2015-2016
- Movement Direction/Choreography for the BBC for their Easter Religion & Ethics celebrations of The Great North Passion, 2014
- Choreographing a music video for one of my favourite bands, Crystal Fighters, Love Alight, 2014
- Being shortlisted for the 2013 New Adventures Choreographic Award hosted by Matthew Bourne
- Assisting award winning Australian choreographer Shaun Parker on Trolleys, 2012, which won the Argus Award for “Artistic Excellence”, and gaining the opportunity to travel twice to Australia to remount the work at Awesome Festival, Perth 2013, and Art & About, Sydney 2014
- Making Dance on Film, East Side Story, 2014 for Discover Young Hackney
- Making Dance on Film, Suspect No. 4, 2011, for Dance Umbrella/Merce Cunningham Dance Company/East London Dance
Education and Further Development
Writers/Choreographers Lab organised by Jen Malarkey, Lee Mattinson and Paul Burns, supported by The Place and The Royal Court 2018. To explore and provoke new avenues for choreographer and writer artistic collaborations.
I completed my time as a fellow on The Bench Programme 2016-2017 for female choreographers organised by 2 Faced Dance. Workshops were lead by Kate Flatt, Charlotte Vincent, Sharon Watson, Rosie Kay as well as other insanely driven and talented artists to provoke and inspire 8 choreographers to question their full practice as artists.
2.1 BA hons in Dance with Performing Arts from Middlesex University in 2005.
Contemporary Dance, Physical Theatre, Contact Work, Street Jazz, Tango, Ballet for early years, Creative Dance/Choreography, Acting, Yoga, Swimming.