Here you'll find a selection of my artistic projects, workshops and activities all in the name of creative movement. These examples of my work indicate some of my extensive knowledge of working within the movement/theatre/community arts sector, and my adaptability of working within different professional contexts.
- Teaching movement direction sessions for BADA (British American Drama Academy) for Spring term 2019
- Delivering half term workshops in physical theatre and musical theatre for 7-15 year olds on behalf of Dance West at the Lyric Hammersmith Spring 2019
- Lead Artist for East London Dance and Leytonstone School project of My Fair Lady, Sept-Dec 18
- Delivering dance sessions for Leap of Faith (a dance group for the over 65s) on behalf of East London Dance for Autumn 18 and Spring 19
- R&D movement direction with Ben Norris and Kirsty Housley for The Distance at the Bush Theatre June 2018
- Working with Clean Break as choreographer for a performance at Birbeck University for an Abolitionists event June 2018
- Working with Clean Break as movement co-ordinator for Artichokes PROCESSIONS march project June 2018
- Choreographing The Clash Rugby opening drummers for Progress London for the Bristol/Bath Rugby match at Twickenham Stadium, April 2018
- Taking Trolleys to D-Caf Festival in Cairo and Alexandria, Egypt March 2018 as Assistant Choreographer
- Movement directing for These Bridges by Phoebe Eclair-Powell for White City Youth Theatre for the NT Connections Festival Jan-Mar 2018
- Lead Artist for East London Dance and Leytonstone School project of Bugsy Malone, Sept-Dec 17
- Lead Artist for contact contemporary movement workshops at The Mono Box, May/Oct 17
- Choreographer for R&D Project, Don't Blame Me, by Akiya Henry and directed by Miranda Cromwell, Jan 17
- Choreographing music video, The Collision, for artist Sample Answer, 2016
- Choreography for a new commissioned work, Sacrifice, for C-12 Dance Theatre, for Wilderness Festival 2016, AND taking it back to the festival in 2017
- Consecutively receiving National Lottery Grant Arts Funding award for creative projects: The Van Man, 2012, Shhh!, 2013, Market Stall, 2014, Sherlock R&D, 2015 and Shhh! Tour 2015-2016
- Movement Direction/Choreography for the BBC for their Easter Religion & Ethics celebrations of The Great North Passion, April 2014
- Choreographing a music video for one of my favourite bands, Crystal Fighters, Love Alight, 2014
- Being shortlisted for the 2013 New Adventures Choreographic Award hosted by Matthew Bourne
- Assisting award winning Australian choreographer Shaun Parker on Trolleys, 2012, which won the Argus Award for “Artistic Excellence”, and gaining the opportunity to travel twice to Australia to remount the work at Awesome Festival, Perth 2013, and Art & About, Sydney 2014
- Making Dance on Film, East Side Story, 2014 for Discover Young Hackney
Education and Further Development
In August 2018 I attended a Writer/Choreographer Lab organised by Jen Malarkey, Lee Mattinson and Paul Burns, supported by The Place and The Royal Court. The aim of the lab was for creatives to explore/share their artistic practices and investigate new avenues for the potential of collaboration between choreographers and writers. I thoroughly enjoyed this exploration and I am continuing to pursue this way of working with writers and in new writing contexts.
I completed my time as a fellow on The Bench Programme 2016-2017 for female choreographers organised by 2 Faced Dance. Workshops were lead by Kate Flatt, Charlotte Vincent, Sharon Watson, Rosie Kay as well as other insanely driven and talented artists to provoke and inspire 8 choreographers to question their full practice as artists.
BA hons in Dance with Performing Arts from Middlesex University in 2005.
Contemporary Dance, Movement Direction for Theatre, Physical Theatre, Contact Work, Street Jazz, Tango, Ballet for early years, Creative Dance/Choreography, Acting, Yoga, Swimming.